The Sonnet Man, will be in Morocco through Wednesday, May 18 for performances and workshops at various locations of the American Language Center (ALC).
The Sonnet Man will be working with each ALC individually to conduct workshops and performances in his signature style, Hip Hop Shakespeare. At some centers, The Sonnet Man will be conduct 20-minute workshops in classes, focused on Sonnet 18 and Sonnet 130. At others, he will perform these and others of Shakespeare’s most famous sonnets to larger groups. On Saturday, May 7, he performed at the Tangier Legation. On Sunday, May 8 he was the ALC Tetouan. Today, he is perofmring at the ALC Meknes. His itinerary for the remainder of his time in Morocco is as follows:
- Thursday, May 12 – workshop at ALC Fes
- Friday, May 13 – performance at ALC Fes
- Saturday, May 14 – workshop at ALC Mohammedia
- Sunday, May 15 – workshop at ALC Marrakesh
- Monday, May 16 – workshops at ALC Kenitra
- Tuesday, May 17 – workshops at ALC Casablanca
- Wednesday, May 18 – workshop at ALC Rabat
This trip to Morocco is the final leg of a multi-week tour that began in April at the Word of South Festival and Southern Shakespeare Festivals in Tallahassee, Florida (United States). He then traveled to the Stratford Upon Avon Literary Festival in the United Kingdom for several more performances and workshops, and a Sonnet Marathon, rapping all 154 of Shakespeare’s Sonnets in just 3 and a half hours.