Summer Theatre Camps! Engage and inspire your young thespians at a Hip Hop Shakespeare Workshop with the Sonnet Man!
The Sonnet Man is available this summer, nationwide, and can add a dynamic element to your theatre camp. For grades K-12, here is a sample of what happens in an interactive workshop:
- Introduction: The Sonnet Man’s Story and Devon Glover’s educational background and influences
- What is a Sonnet? Who is Shakespeare? How did Shakespeare write in rhythm?
- Examples with Sonnet 18 and Sonnet 130
- Sonnet 18 – What was the Sonnet about? Examples of metaphors, differences between metaphors and similes.
- Sonnet 130 – What was the Sonnet about? What does verse 3 represent? Examples of alliteration.
- Exercise/Performance: 15 minute writing session, write an original poem containing elements of Shakespeare’s Sonnets. Conclude with a performance and feedback from peers.
Additional workshop formats are available and different topics can be covered. To schedule a HIp Hop Shakespeare Workshop with the Sonnet Man for your Summer Theatre Camp, call 800-883-9883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.